Communicating a Radical Vision Module and Readings
The CWLU: Communicating a Radical Vision Before the Internet and Social Media is designed for use with a course on women's studies, feminist political theory, or social movements. It asks how the CWLU communicated its radically new ideas. This module describes the CWLU’s Liberation School for Women, its outreach newspaper WOMANKIND, and its Speaker’s Bureau, essential communications tools prior to the existence of e-mail, web sites, and social media. The module is available in pdf form here.
These are the Readings for the Module on Communicating a Radical Vision:
Section 1: THE LIBERATION SCHOOL FOR WOMEN
- Liberation School - a detailed description of the program.
- Liberation School Proposal
- Liberation School Schedule for Winter 1971
- Sample Class Outlines
- Liberation School Catalog for 1974
Section 2: WOMANKIND
- WOMANKIND - a detailed description of the program.
- WOMANKIND Volume 1 Number 6
- Presentation on WOMANKIND for the Publishing Feminisms Conference, Banff, May 2015